1. Visit to the Central Institute of Plastic, Energy and Technology at Bhubaneshwar on 6th January, 2017 was started with tree plantation in the main campus of CIPET.
2. Visited High Learning Centre (HLC) and Lab for Advanced Research in Polymeric Materials (LARPM), Plastic Characterisation Lab and Biodegradable Product Manufacturing and Processing facilities, Tool Room and Testing Laboratory at CIPET, HLC Centre at Bhubaneswar.
3. During the visit, had the opportunities to see various prototypes developed by HLC Centre namely Meter Box Cover, Mobile Charger, Mudguards and Rear View Mirror using electronic waste and natural fibre reinforced components.
4. Also interacted with Scientist and Research Scholars at CIPET and advised them to develop biodegradable plastic for packaging applications to solve environmental issues and look forward to ways and means to bring the cost of biodegradable plastic at par with commodity plastic.
5. Reviewed educational, research and skill development activities of CIPET, Bhubaneswar. Advised them to prepare a short film about the CIPET activities, facilities and services provided by CIPET and circulate it to all the plastic Industries in India and also to use this film to motivate the students from rural areas who hesitate to go out of their villages for better opportunities.
6. Had great opportunity to interact with the young minds studying at the centre during lunch hour in an informal manner in the canteen of the Institute and enjoyed traditional Oriya cuisine with them.