Along with the freedom struggle, pujya bapu (mahatma gandhi) also took up the work of nation-building through character-building and social uprising. So that after the freedom, the mantra of “swaraj to surajya” can be actualized. Among many trials suggested by pujya bapu, padyatra was considered to be the most efficient way to educate the public. Even today, dandikuch is considered to be immortal in the history.
When pujya bapu’s 150th birth anniversary is being celebrated by the government of india as “gandhi150”, the gandhian institutions, along with the schools functioning on basic education method envisaged by pujya bapu and other service organizations, have organized a “padyatra – on the path of gandhian values”. This historical padyatra will pass from 35 villages of talaja, palitana and shihor taluka of bhavnagar district, in which adjacent 150 villages will be connected.
The path of this padyatra is carved by connecting the educational institutions based on ‘basic-education method’ given by pujya bapu. During the 7-days of padyatra, ‘mahavrat sabhas’ will be held on the basis of ’11 mahavrats (vows)’ given by pujya bapu. A historical event to realize and relive the gandhian life and to pay homage to pujya bapu by walking on his footsteps is all about “gandhi mulyo na marge padyatra.”
- The padyatra route is carved by connecting the educational institutes based on ‘basic education method’ given by pujya bapu.
- Five day long pre-padyatra celebrations in 150 villages including 35 villages on the route of padyatra.
- Holistic experience having true experience of gandhian era
- Theme based lectures by world class speakers during ’11 mahavrat sabhas.’
- Creative programs like cleanliness campaign, medical camp, de-addiction awareness camp, felicitation rural artisans, workshop on zero budget farming, etc. In the villages concurring the routes.
- Esteemed presence of various gandhian educational and social institution coming from across the country.
- Grand cultural programs in the evening
Office of Hon’ble Minister for Health & Family Welfare and Chemicals & Fertilizers,
Room No 342, 3rd Floor, Nirman Bhawan New Delhi – 110001
Get in touch
Email: [email protected]