To have a sustainable, efficient, safe and internationally comparable quality of road infrastructure in general and National Highways infrastructure in particular to achieve enhanced connectivity, quick mobility to a level which accelerate socio-economic development,
- Development of National Highways (NHs) Network in the country into a road network of international standards for uninterrupted flow of traffic with enhanced safety features.
- Enhanced connectivity for remote far flung and isolated areas, including North-East Region (NER), Left Wing Extremism (LWE) affected areas including Tribal areas.
- Evolving policies for efficient and safe transportation through the Road Network and facilitating their implementation.
- Establish arrangements for review of Road Transport requirements keeping in view the long term perspective.
- Evolve regulations for safer, fuel efficient and cleaner automobiles in alignment with international standards.
- Improving road safety scenario in the country especially on National Highways.
- Promoting IT for facilitating online services to the stakeholders
- Strengthening public transport system.
Office of Hon’ble Minister for Health & Family Welfare and Chemicals & Fertilizers,
Room No 342, 3rd Floor, Nirman Bhawan New Delhi – 110001
Get in touch
Email: [email protected]